Monday, August 29, 2005

Wednesday

Wednesday used to be my favourite day of the week. It stems back to when I was a kid, and I had gymnastics on Wednesday, so that was my favourite day. And I guess I just stayed faithful to it because I had no other reason to change days. Until now! Now, my new favourite day is Tuesday. On Tuesday I get from 12:30-3:05 as prep. Well, sort of. I have to teach some lessons in that time, but lessons are easy and require very little planning. And I get to play, too! I would have way more prep if I didn't have so many meetings. Fortunately the meetings are getting more relevant and useful to me personally. So that is good. I've become the official 'party whip' for our team; keeping the meeting moving and preventing people from repeating themselves (as much as possible...you know teachers!)

As an aside to a past post, Garbage 101, I have an addition to make. All your regular garbage that can't be sorted or recycled has to go in bags that you pay for. Ok, whatever, until we actually bought some bags (we had some left in our apartment from the last tenent).. 12$CDN for 20. CRAZY! So I guess that puts the stakes a little higher on actually recycling like we're supposed to. Doh. Do you have any idea how much waste is on stuff? I never even thought about it until I had to sort every single piece of it that came into my house.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Archive