Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Focus...

Coming back after vacation is so hard! I am trying so hard not to be discouraged by all the things I have to do. Concert on Friday, report cards due next week, plus marking :) of course! I am busy with the elementary Christmas concert, but that is pretty fun; planning cute costumes, making shopping lists, assigning parts...Its busy but I feel like it is going somewhere and it is something new.

At church this week our pastor talked about "running with perseverance the race marked for us." (Hebrews 12:1). And I got to thinking about the race marked for me. I am an easily distracted person; I have many hobbies, I like many games and sports but am not great at any, I have many friends but few close relationships, And here I am teaching again, and already tired, thinking about other things, and teaching may become one of the things I like and enjoy, but don't ever get really good at. So I want to really dedicate myself this year to teaching; to becoming more self disciplined and focused. Don't get me wrong; I'm not going to spend every minute at school working, I'm not going to take work home on the weekends (most weekends;). I am going to spend evenings with my husband, join a small group, and get involved in church. I guess what I am saying is that I want to focus on what is laid out in front of me.

We're watching the Interpreter...pretty creepy!

No comments:

Archive