Sunday, October 09, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

We just had two days of PD in Taichung. Taichung is where our system office is, as well as the one K-12 school in our system. Kids can go to Morrison Taipei and in Kaohsiung from K-9, but then they transfer to Taichung where they have a full highschool program with boarding, dorm parents, etc. It is a huge campus, much different than Taipei. They have trees! And grass! Taichung would be to Taipei what Toronto is to Swift Current. Except much bigger. Taichung is much more rural, more local whereas Taipei is very international posh. Of course, not ten minutes after I was saying how great the outdoors was (we ate our lunch outside) I was covered in a million mosquito bites. So I guess big city has its benefits. We went to the night market, hung out with some friends we made in New York. Now I am home and enjoying my week off of school. Hurray!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Not doing anything to celebrate here; Chester doesn't really like turkey so he's happy. But I'm thinking about you all and your yummy meals...Have fun!

No comments:

Archive