Thursday, October 15, 2009

My trip to the doctor

I went to the doctor today; I seem to have caught what Guinness has and now can hardly swallow. So I am home from school. Anyway, my trip to the doctor...

You already know I have a few qualms about the doctor I have taken the kids to. But for as awful as his medicine tastes, it always helps, he is nice, he is consistent, he is close by... and since he just treated Guin I decided to go there too. He looks at my throat, pronounces it a throat infection, and I walk out to wait for my prescription. Well, while I was waiting, he calls me back into the room. And says he wants to show me some exercises...And then he does the moonwalk!!! And so I smile enthusiastically and clap (come on, a 55 year old little Taiwan doctor moonwalking in his office! It's hilarious!) Then he showed me some other moves he's been working on. Some step dancing stuff, and some tap moves. I asked him if he was in a club and he said, no, he's been learning from this book. He grabs it from off his desk and shows me; The Tap Dancing Dictionary.

Have you ever gone to a doctors office where the doctor learns tap dancing from a book in between patients?

Maybe I am delerious...better go lie down.

No comments:

Archive