Thursday, December 17, 2009

Holidays!

Yay! Tomorrow is a half day and its holiday time! I realize I may have been a bit down in my last post... Emotions are so tricky. Last night I had a great sleep, and with holidays finally here I feel a hundred times better!

We've been studying The Nutcracker in music and it is awesome! Such a great story, especially for rowdy boys: they LOVE the war with the mouse king, and today we watched video. Ballet is not something I have much experience with but I loved this one. I think knowing the music so well and the story, too, made it so much more exciting. The kids were totally into it, too. Most of them had probably never seen ballet, and were intrigued by the different movements, and were carefully watching how the story was told through the dance. It was really neat.

1 comment:

Brenda BE said...

One year a long time ago, Chris bought me tickets to the Nutcracker Ballet. It was an awesome experience.

Archive