Thursday, May 19, 2011

Freshmen

So today we did a field trip to the night market for Chinese Corner, and it was super fun. We each had the name of a famous food on a piece of paper and we had to walk through the market till we found them all, then we sat around a bowl of fruit ice and laid out all we had 'foraged'... So full!

Part of the assignment was to ask someone (in Chinese) where the place we wanted to go was. One of our direction givers was so friendly, and offered to take us to the next place. He was a freshman at TaiDa (major university nearby).

He was SO YOUNG looking. It made me think, "What did I look like when I was a freshmen?" Good grief, I can't even imagine what a baby I was then, fall of 1997, auditioning to a room full of music profs, standing in front of the music department bulletin board trying to figure out what to do, walking around campus to classes.... What did people think when they saw me? Next year will be my 10 year college graduation!!!! Wowsers, right?

No comments:

Archive