Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Biking to school

I like to run and bike and play and hike, soccer, skiing, and whatever, but I'm definitely a casual athlete.

The bike ride to Gemma's school may kill me.

I have biked hundreds of kilometers all
over Taipei city, with both kids. Taipei 101 to pick up passports, Green Store for party supplies, CKS for 10/10...with two kids I always thought biking was easier than public transport.

I really wanted to keep that up here, but Langley, BC is very hilly. And pulling the chariot with two kids is a lot harder than biking with them both on my bike. Maybe they've just both gained weight this summer. Either way, I'm on day 2 of biking the kids to school and I am feeling the burn! (we did a practice ride yesterday to make sure I wouldn't die, and then today was first official day).

School is at the top. Of. A. Hill. A big hill. A hill that has only 2 plateaus over 14 HUGE blocks.

We live on 66ave. School is at 80ave.

By the time I got to 68 I was done. Lungs and legs burning. On the easiest gear. Huffing, puffing, and thinking about our minivan parked at home :). At 72ave I made the kids get out and walk for two blocks up the steepest part. And thankfully at the end does level off, phew. It's like a treadmill program with the cool down planned at the end.

I'm not a strict athlete because I don't like to do things that hurt so much everyday. I'm a wimp!! I don't like pain!!! Maybe this hill and Gemma having school everyday will be the beginning of my first long lasting exercise routine.

5 comments:

Grandpa Steve said...

Keep going.......
You are Strong...
You are able!

Brenda BE said...

Walking once in awhile won't hurt the little people. Maybe you can alternate with biking one day and walking the next (weather permitting)

Patricia Bivens said...

Wow, super mom mom. I like to bike too. But I'm not strong like you. Your strength is inspiring me. :)

Allison said...

Could Gemma bike so you were only pulling Guinness?

Unknown said...

Let's go not the stop in your life, Thanks!!!!




Please also on this keywords please :-- cash for structured settlement | sell my structured settlement | structured settlements | sell structured settlement

Archive