Monday, June 27, 2005

Climatized

I am here packing. Everything is going into one of three piles; take to NY, take to Taiwan, and put in a box for when we get home. In the Taiwan pile are my dress clothes (aka teacher clothes). In the NY bag are my everyday clothes. In the other box are the sweaters I am daring to part with. Now, I've researched the weather of where we are going in NY (close to Buffalo) and found out the temperature is high of 85 and a low of 65. Farenheit meaning nothing to me, I plugged these numbers into a convertor and found out this means between 18 and 30 degrees. But do you think I can forgo sweaters? No way. I've already packed two fleeces, two long sleeve shirts and a puffy vest. It seems wrong to travel without sweaters. Sweaters remain part of the Canadian wardrobe all year long. The computer is telling me 30 degrees, but my brain is telling me that 30 degrees is impossible to sustain for any period of time and sweaters are esential... Consistent warm weather is like a myth, an urban legend. Even when I was trying to buy shorts last weekend I couldn't even remmeber what it was like to wear shorts, or what kind of shorts I like.

It would be a great experiment to not pack ANY sweaters and see if I survive. ;) (if I weren't a chicken!)

No comments:

Archive