Sunday, July 03, 2005

NY

Hey, we're in New York...and having lots of fun. We're pretty busy going to sessions and stuff, but its pretty good stuff and I'm learning lots. The best part is meeting people who I will be working with next year. There are some very nice and fun people, and it definetly takes some of the fear away.

What are we learning? Well, we did some personality testing to see how we approach people and conflict, etc. The Meyers Briggs, and the Firo B. For you familiar with the Meyers Briggs I'm an ESFJ (almost a T). The FIRO B was a new one to me but it was pretty interesting. It talkss about how much affection you express and how much want, how much control you express and how much you want, and how much inclusion you express and want. Big surprise (not!) I have a very high need for inclusion and affection, and a very low need for control. (Chris's need for control...I'll let you guess!) I guess its to help you understand yourself so you can relate to others better.

There's more, but it's not so interesting that you need to know. Just stuff about incorporating the Bible into your lessons, being culturally sensitive, etc.

We'll be home in a week.

No comments:

Archive