Sunday, July 17, 2005

Pooey Haircut

I got my haircut yesterday, and as per usual it was an almost disaster. I hate getting my hiarcut; it is always too short, and it never looks as good on me as it does in the magazine, and I can never get it to look good after I leave the hairdresser. When I left there yesterday I looked like a 1960s school marm, without the horn rimmed glasses. Total poof. Today I put some clips in the top to hold it down and it actually looks kinda cute. So OK, I'm cool with it. Except now ineveitably I will have to wash it and try to do it by myself....Now there is a prayer request for ya.

Today we had a shower for Mat and Shelen, whose baby is expected to come in 100 more days. So yes, the shower was a little early, but whatever; I'm leaving and won't get to throw them one OR attend one. It was a Battle of the Sexes couples shower, so we played some boys against girls games, ate pink and blue food, and of course opened presents. It was a pretty good time, and people were really good sports about the games. We had a 'Name that tune' game created by Chester, featuring songs with the word boy, girl, or baby in the title. Then we had 'Name that food' where we sampled a variety of baby foods and tried to guess what was what. EWWW! Baby food is so gross! Next was milk chugging, through a bottle of course. The number one game however follows the 'Name that...' format; 'Name that poo!' I melted chocolate bars and spooned them into diapers for a totally gross effect and the objective was to name the chocolate bar. It was awesome, we had people sniffing and licking out diapers...hee hee...

Fun times.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Great game ideas! Sounds like fun! See you soon!

LJE said...

i hate going for haircuts too... they're never what I wanted and i leave all po'd. But i went last week to a new girl, and she's really good...i actually LIKE my hair for the first time in probably 9 months!

Archive