Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Hold your breath...

Today I almost felt like I was on top of my game! I had good lessons ready, had time to do some organzing of stuff, wow. I'm almost scared to say it because I'm sure it will be untrue within the next 24 hours but man, it feels good now.

Our school has the coolest thing ever, something that every school in Canada should have. If you've spent time in a school you will know that most kids who bring lunches bring things that require microwaves. Even though every school doesn't have near enough microwaves for all the kids to get their lunch heated up in enough time, plus there's the mess of microwaves because of exploding pizza pops and overflowing ichiban noodles...Anyway, as I said, if you've been in a school during lunch time you can visualize what I'm saying. The line up, the mess, and the poorly heated lunches, So at our school we have these things that look like bar fridges, one for each grade. So I thought, whoa, thats cool; kids can keep their lunches cold until lunch time. Wrong! These things are lunch warmers! When you come in the morning you throw your lunch in the warmer. It can be in tupperware, or wrapped in tinfoil, or in a paper takeout box...pretty much whatever, The warmers go on and presto chango; by lunch time the lunches are toasty warm; no wait, no mess, and awesome warm all the way through lunches. Its like a refrigerator shaped crock pot. And the teacher's have one too. Its so awsesome being able to pull out your toasty lunch and eat it rather than wait for a grody microwave that no one has cleaned in a month. Most of the kids even have special little metal lunch containers...Think tupperware but metal. They're awesome. Something I didn't even know existed.

Anway, I hope wherever you are, you are having a nice hot lunch!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow! that's quite the handy invention for schools. They do have cool food containers for the kids here.

Allison said...

Hey Nevada,
I am so sorry I haven't emailed you in a long time. We have been running around crazy-like, finishing up the suite downstairs (it looks REALLY good!). Anyway, now that that is finished, I hope to keep up on emailing more...

Archive