Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Death of a business

Across the street from our lane, where I take the garbage out, was a convience store. This was very convenient, as I could take out garbage and grab some water, milk, peanut M&Ms, etc. Then, one day when I took out the garbage it was gone! Totally destroyed, emptied out, just a hole in the side of the building. The sign was ripped down, the flooring all ripped up, shelves all gone. It was sad, really. I had no warning, no time to prepare...It is the sad reality for many businesses here in Taiwan, here one day gone the next. There have been three within a block of our house in the last two weeks. But anyway, back on with being sad about the death of the convience store. Well, yesterday, as I went to take out the garbage, TA DAA!!! A NEW convience store. Brand spanking new, all reno'd and shiny and new...It was like Snow White waking up, or better yet, The Swan when she is revealed to herself. An awesome happy ending. So now I am glad. :D

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm always amazed how quickly businesses can come, go or just get remodelled here. It's crazy!

Archive