Thursday, December 29, 2005

Why I love Vacation

Vacation is so great. It is almost my favorite part of working. (Is that weird?) Here are some of the reasons I love vacation:
1) I am not tired. Probably the feeling I hate the most is being tired. During the week I go to sleep at about 11:30 and wake up at 6:30, and I feel tired all day. In fact, in the morning when I am trying to get out of bed I feel so tired that I say to myself "I'm calling in sick" or "I think I am going to die", (Does anyone else have this feeling? Besides Audrey, who is as passionate about sleep as I am) But on vacation I go to sleep around midnight and wake up at about 10 or 11. Ahhh! I love waking up when my body is ready to.
2) Working on my own projects. I am not oppposed to working on holidays. I have time to do the things that need to get done but I don't have time to do. I've done grading, planning, cleaning, and I love it.
3) Wearing the clothes I sleep in. I may wear my pyjamas all day. Or I might rotate the same T-shirts and pants for a few days. I'm just chilling, no need to dress to impress. (My husband will hate that I said that...But I'm clean! I don't stink or anything)
4) Being with my husband. We have the same schedule, we eat together, play together, work together...It's fun!! And we both get lots of attention from eachother.
5) I read books. I used to love reading. Well, I stil do, but I had to give up reading for fun in university because I had no time, and in the summers I was working 24/7 at camp. But my first summer married, Chester and I went to the library and got books for fun, and I've been into it again ever since. There are definitely high and low times, but I always manage to get a few good reads in over vacation. This break I have read Murasaki, about 10th century Japan, Courageous Leadership (Bill Hybels, my first of his. He is a pastor of a HUGE church in Chicago), The Diviners (Margeret Laurence), and I am in the middle of Bondage Breaker (Neil Anderson, reccomended by Allison from her Bible college days), and Two Solitudes (Hugh Maclennen, a Canadian ficiton one from Chester's class). So I am enjoying that.

Only a few more days left, and I will try to make the most of it.

No comments:

Archive