Sunday, March 12, 2006

Basketball Star!

A few weeks ago the manager at our school signed us up for a basketball tournament, Well, at first he told us it was a game. Then we found out it was four games. Then we found out if we make the finals it will be five games. THEN another school heard about us and wanted to play us for fun. So I've been quite the basketball queen of late. Well, actually, as Chester pointed out, I wasn't actually playing basketball. Sure, I was on a basketball court, and there were people around me playing basketball, but just running up and down the court is not playing basketball. The tournament is actually a men's tournament; Taipei Teachers Tournament, and our manager wanted to play but we don't have enough guy teachers to make a team. So three of us girls were signed up. Basically our strategy is to pass the ball to the star of the team, our 6'8 athletic director who actually was a pro basketball in Taiwan years and years ago. Anyway, it's been a tonne of fun; I love running around playing games, and hanging out with people from my school. My awesome husband got me the coolest gift ever; a pair of real basketball shorts, and they are so cool. He was also very generous and kind with his coaching tips at yesterdays game. (We needed all the coaching we could get). The final is Wednesday, so wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember Nevada, "don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk."

Jen Gilbertson said...

With your stature, it's surprising it's taken this long for you to be recruited for a basketball team. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Archive