Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Vacation continued...

Vacation is so awesome, I am having an EXCELLENT visit home. Highlights this week:

1) Going out to the farm on my Dad's motorbike and surprising my grandma and grandpa. My Dad spent the night, and then went home but I stayed out for four days and just hung out with as many people as possible. I got to ride in the tractor, pound posts, weed the orchard, move furniture, rake pine cones and mow the grass, drive grandpa's big truck, and eat Canadian Chinese food.....Yumm! My cousin Kim (link to the right) was an awesome host and it was really hard to say goodbye. But hopefully we'll be back out there....When then Saskatoon berries are ready! (Or any other garden produce)

2) We went to Regina to see Chester's family, which was so fun. I feel like every time we see eachother we have a better and better time, it is always a blast. We were completely spoiled on Happy Everything Day, the holiday we use to celebrate all the ones we miss. The baby got the coolest purple/yellow/rainbow quilt, two of those ultra soft stuffed animals, a picture frame and an incredible scrapbook with pages for people to make their guess about when the baby will be born, how heavy he/she will be, boy or girl, name, and future occupation. So make sure you get around to fill that out put a comment below and I'll add it for you.

3) My Dad's wife Sheri threw an awesome party for my Dad's 50th yesterday. We (Chester, me, my brother and his girlfriend, and Sheri's kids) all came out for BBQ, like that was the plan, and then after we finished eating people just kept showing up until there were about 25 friends of theirs around. Dad never knew what hit him. Sheri had also rented those huge foam sumo suits, which was a blast (for those who weren't pregnant. Don't worry, baby and I played it safe!) So fun to watch. So huge applause to Sheri for the best birthday party ever.

On the agenda this week is maternity clothes shopping... I can't squeeze in that much longer, games night at Shelen and Mat's, my sister is coming down, YAY, and then a wedding on Saturday. For which I have new clothes to wear, thank you autnie Linda!

We are so so blessed with great family and friends.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Make sure you come over and see what I have for maternity clothes before you go and buy a bunch!

Kat said...

I still can't believe that you're preggers! Loved the video on Chris' blog... Sounds like you're having a wonderful time at home so far!
love, katrina

Jen Gilbertson said...

Wow! I haven't read anyone's blog for a couple of months. So this entry had lots of surprises. First of all, I'm glad you're having a good time in Canada! Second, YOU'RE PREGNANT! Congratulations. Your baby will have tons of personality. And finally, will the baby be named MJ?

Archive