Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rant and rejoice

I am SOOO tired of not living at home!!!! I am tired of living out of a suitcase. I am tired of not having all my little odds and ends at my disposal. Like today I want a razor and my hangers for doing laundry and I can't find either. I can't find my bike lock; it is somewhere at our old house. It is so nice hanging out at Audrey and Andy's place while we wait for our new place to get emptied out, and here we have internet and TV, but next week when we move we probably have to wait for those things hooked up again. Which sucks. And haul our luggage over there. Hauling luiggage sucks, and even though now Chris is doing it 'cause I'm out of the heavy lifting game for a bit, it still sucks because now he has to do it all by himself. In the new place we may need to get matresses, and get an oven... Also, the landlord is not going to paint the colors we want, he is just going to stick with white so if we want that done we have to do it ourselves. Which we do; white walls are so boring. Chris and I are being as patient as we can with the situation, but right now I just feel like being an ostrich with my head in the sand until we can get moved.

So what to do with my bad attitude? I guess counting your blessings is a traditional method.
1) School is good, and it feeels good to be back
2) We have a new washer and new fridge for the the new place to offset the crappy old dryer
3) I love my husband; he is awesome and has been so sweet in hauling luggage and taking care of pregnant me
4) We have internet and cable right now
5) We found my bank card easily in our roomful of stuff (and therefore got money)
6) All of our luggage made it here in one piece, without being weighed even!
7) Ali and Adrienne are coming back tomorrow night
8) The new teachers are very neat and I think we'll have some great new friends
9) Uwe is going to be an awesome new principal
10) The baby is growing and kicking every day
11) I got new carpet in my classroom, and a new whiteboard
12) A huge chunk of my photocopying is being sent out to get done for me :)

Ahhh, that does feel better.

Rejoice in the Lord always, I say again rejoice!

(and if I knew where my Bible was I'd give you a reference ;)

No comments:

Archive