Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hurray!

Finally online! I can't beleive I left such a complainy post as my last communication, sorry all! The internet guy came yesterday and we are all hooked up. Chris has been the perfect house husband, tinkering around and putting stuff away...He did the baby room a few days ago and it was so sweet to see all the little clothes in drawers, toys on the shelf, and books on the bookshelf. (Although I'm not sure the baby will get much out of 'What to Expect' and 'Taking Charge of your Fertility'. Those are the mommy and daddy baby books) We got a crib today from school, not brand new but it passses the 'coke can' rule and is of solid construction. (Sorry, I don't know the brand name for all you hard-core safety people out there). Other than that I just have one more suitcase to put away and then our house is officially in order. I am super happy about the place, it is probably the nicest place we've ever lived in as married people (although we did have awesome neighbors at Garrison Cres ;)

Work is excellent. My homeroom class is fabulous, we had a tonne of fun making playdough maps today, using playdough to cover a map of a continent and show in 3D the physical features. When the playdough dries we will paint them, make legends, etc, and put them on display somewhere. It feels so good to be back in a routine again, and although it is tiring actually doing stuff all day I love it.

House pics and belly pics to come soon. I'll take the picture in some of my new maternity clothes!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so happy you are settled in now. How soon will you be ready for guests, haha? Can't wait to see pics!

Allison said...

Nevada, you are totally the most awesome teacher ever. You have such amazing ideas - I love hearing them. And I'm so happy that you are having a girl. I would have been happy either way, of course! Bobbi is pregnant again, so now I have two people waiting in line for my maternity clothes, once you are done with them!

Archive