Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Work, work, work

That's all I've been up too lately, except for cleaning up after painting on the weekend, which turned out great. Ali and Adrienne came over and helped out on Sunday and it looks great. (memory card on the camera is full, or else I'd take some pictures...soon!) I have to say that the second year of teaching is about a million times easier than the first year. All my mental organizational systems are in place, so I know how I like to do things and file things and get things like lesson plans done. Plus, I actually remember the material! I look at it and am like "It's been a year since I taught that? I remember that!" and I have worksheets and stuff all ready to go. I came back to a clean, organized room, all set up already how I like it. My kids are out of this world fabulous, I am so blessed. So although school is busy this year is a better busy because I know what I am doing. (insert huge sigh of relief here)

Anyway, some reader input needed... I want to start cooking a bit more. Nothing crazy like, but maybe once a week try one new recipe. So, I need some good recipes! We can get most groceries here, but nothing too crazy or complicated or time consuming. Thanks!

1 comment:

LJE said...

k, here's my fave quick easy supper:

Cook up some meat (i use either ground beef or chunks of chicken - both are great in this recipe) with onions and garlic, add in chopped mushrooms, peas, and red pepper, saute until the veggies are mostly cooked. Add 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 can of water, and simmer until it's saucy and thick. You can also add a bit of white wine if you have it, adds a beautiful flavor.

Serve over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes with lots of parmesan cheese on top.

(For a spicier version, add some cayenne pepper to the meat while cooking it).

Voila!

Archive