Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Wardrobe

The thing I hate the most about teaching (aside from report cards, of course) is the need to have two wardrobes. I don't really like dressing professionally. I get why we should, and I get why its important and I beleive all that stuff but I still don't like it. I love wearing sweats, track pants, cords and cargo pants, drawstring pants with T-shirts, bunnyhugs, long sleeve shirts layered with T-shirts. I hate dress shoes, I love my holey soles and runners. I hate that when we have money to spend on clothes and I have to buy school stuff stuff because then I have nothing to wear on weekends, or I buy fun stuff that I can't wear to school. I could wear nice casual clothes to school and still look good, I think. And I would be more comfortable.

4 comments:

Reagan said...

I know how you feel about having to spend extra money on dress clothes as opposed to clothes you'd actually like to wear, it's kind of a bummer. I had to do that at my last job, now with my new job it's totally casual so I have half a closet of dress clthes I havne't touched in like 8 months.

medstudent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
medstudent said...

I find I have spurts where I like to dress up, then I get tired of the effort it requires! However when I get to wear greens (basically pajamas) on a rotation I eat way too much because their "forgiveness" is deceiving!

Shane Sowden said...

Our contracts should come with a wardrobe allowance each year!!!

Archive