Monday, August 10, 2009

1st day

Back at work!

It was invigorating to see everyone and be back in school, but I was dragging by the end of the day.

It is Chris' birthday today, yay honey! We went out for a marvelous supper at Gordon Beirsh (sp?)

I perosonally have noticed a difference in being 30. Things that weren't important to me before are now, and what I invest my time into is a lot different. Sort of a combo of being 30 and having 2 kids I think. I just feel more responsibility to grow up, be more mature and just really do as good as I can at life. LIke the Hip says, No dress rehearsal; this is our life! I sort of feel like my 30s are a new chapter, a new era of Nevada. Less activities, less running around, and more personal growth. Depth instead of width, both spiritually and mentally. I am accepting that I can't do the same things I did before I had kids, and also learning that I still have a role to fill as an 'older' Christian woman at my church. I am still unsure exactly what this new Nevada is, but it all stems from Matthew 11:28: Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Because I definitely need rest, and a yoke that is easy. I am really hoping to grow in wisdom and discipline and maturity this year.

3 comments:

Kat said...

MAN! That has totally been my go to passage these past few months. We are totally on the same page. Gotta get a good meeting time for prayer!

Great blog, and so true!

katrina

Andy Wu said...

Maybe I need to reflect a bit on being 30, too. I think I still act like I'm in my early 20's.
You have set some really good goals for yourself. Very inspiring! It's true that it takes age to really appreciate depth over width.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharin with us......
________________
DyanaDevis

Online Marketing of your brand

Archive