Sunday, February 21, 2010

Time Traveller's Wife

I watched The Time Traveller's Wife this week. And it was good, I liked it. A few holes, obviously. I mean time travel is pretty tricky stuff, but a good story. I guess what I liked the most about it was the commitment shown by the characters. She LOVED him no matter what. Even when she was mad, even when he disappeared on their wedding day, they would just talk about it, make a solution or a compromise and move on. She still married him and did nice things for him... It made me think that I could be a much better wife. I mean, yes my husband sometimes leaves his basketball shoes on the floor, but he's never dissolved into thin air, leaving me alone for months or years at a time. If she can put up with time travel then surely I can be a little more gracious to my own hubby who works so hard and is there for me and our family.

Hmmm, is this totally ridiculous?

5 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If you liked the movie I recommend the book. I thought the movie was much better. I enjoyed the acting in the movie though. Enjoy!

Daniel said...

I really liked your blog, found a lot of new.
Maybe you will find that something interesting and on my blog?
http://daniel-lockerz.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. I just watched the movie a few days a go and I have to admit...it made me cry. I read that the book moved extremely slow (so I will never read it) but I will definitely be watching this movie a few more times.
The part where she had sex with her husband's past self kinda creeped me out a little though lol.
Visit and comment on my blog http://reallifetweets.blogspot.com/

LACKNY said...

Well I think you just have to let go of trying to figure the specifics of the time travel. The movie is much more enjoyable if you dont over analyze it. Also I think we are squeamish about the younger girl older man thing because of all the sick sob's in the world otherwise its just a beautiful story. Free your mind to enjoy without prejudice.

Archive