Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ugg, been so tired at night lately and falling asleep at 9:00. No fun! Got to wake up.

True to spring, it is flying by. April is almost over and it has hardly begun. Music festival, BIG concert, Chris going to Europe (more on this later), then it will be June and we come home! (June 14, by the way!) My friend Sheila will have a C section tomorrow morning at 7am. My sister will have a baby in a month, and my friends Audrey and Sandra are also having babies this summer. Some people we know are branching into the world of THREE, AKK! Sounds crazy, although I admit I am starting to get my sanity back now that Guinness is one. You will NOT be seeing the stork flying over the McKenzie house anytime maybe ever again, so don't think WE"RE on that bandwagon.

Saw the movie UP yesterday. I like it. Great voices. Awesome filmmaking. I also liked Kevin, the mommy bird. I didn't get the dogs though.

More on Bali. It was beautiful. We had fun. We would of had more fun without the kids. Every minute was go go go; wake up, change diaper, change clothes, apply sunscreen, pack for the pool (which means swimsuits x2, sunscreen, hats x2, coverups x2 towel, water, room key, snacks), go to breakfast, go to the pool, apply sunscreen to everyone, change into swim clothes, walk up to the potty, find a spot, set up the pack n play, play with kids, drink water reapply sunscreen have a snack..... All this before 10am and it was exhausting. Other stressful times were like the time we got stuck in traffic on the way to dinner. It was the day we arrived, so we had gotten up at 6:30, spent 5 hours on a plane, just got set up in our hotel and then got in taxis to go for dinner. It was late. The kids hadn't eaten much. And the traffic was BAD. So we waited. And waited. And crawled along. I had a small bag of cheerios and half a bottle of water; we hadn't even had time to go to a convenience store yet at this point and hadn't unpacked the suitcase yet so the diaper bag was not ready. And I didn't know we'd wait 45 minutes in the hotel lobby for everyone to get there. And that a 10 minute drive to the restaurant would take 45. So at 7:30 and we were just ordering food and the kids were crying my stress levels were HIGH. And the culture shock of it all, too; I didn't know where we were or how to get back to the hotel, I didn't speak the language, I had no Balinese money yet... Fortunately that was as bad as it got and the rest of the trip although busy was nice. OUr friends are the BEST and helped out so much. Gemma played in the hotel daycare for an hour when we shopping and that was great. Hopefully our next vacay will be just the two of us.

K, bedtime!

No comments:

Archive