Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Volunteer

I wonder what it feels like to be a volunteer.

Meaning that, I am always the one desperate for volunteers and I wonder what it would be like to come into some harried persons classroom/office/etc and say 'Hey, I'm here to complete _____ task", sit down, get it done, and walk away.

Things I need volunteers for regularly:
typing students names
chaperoning trips
costume making in all sorts of forms
painting/tracing/large art projects for concerts
supervising
playing piano (bass, flute, percussion, trumpet, etc)
watching my kids
nursery at church

Some lovely mothers made 17 train conductor hats today out of blue paper and baseball hats. The hats were leftover from the white turkey costume of 3 years ago and the blue paper had been pinstriped with white paint by the grade 1s the day before. It is amazing what you can make out of paper.

1 comment:

Brenda BE said...

Oh, dear daughter, I wish I was there to help with these things. I could sew costumes, I could chaprone trips, maybe even type for you and especially look after your children. How can we make this happen???

Archive