Monday, August 09, 2010

Uggg

Why didn't I push save before blogger would ask for for my password, which I forgot and then had to reset, thus taking away from my carefully crafted post detailing our entire journey? So annoyed right now.

So now you get the brief version. I fed my kids tomato soup on pasta and cereal today. A far cry from the awesome food we ate a home. I have to do laundry, wash dishes, clean floors. But school will be good, its good to go back and try new things.

Jet lag sucks. (this paragraph was longer and more eloquent but we'll just leave it at that)

Our flights:

Wed 5am: got to airport. Problem with flight (not enough connection time in Denver) so they re route the whole ticket. This take an hour and a half. We go home, our new flight doesn't leave till 2:30. Go back to airport. FLy to Denver. Thunderstorm in Denver, we go to Colorodo Springs and wait. Get to Denver. Ironically, beause of the delay now we have a problem with the connection (UGG!) NO UNITED AGENT to help; I was ready to kill! I got my luggage off the carousal, a LOndon airways guy helped me because I was going to cry, got it to customs, they let me recheck it but told me to run. So we ran to security. No agents anywhere, I have no idea where my gate is, if the flight has been delayed, or whatever. When we finally make it through and I find a board I see our flight is on time and leaves in 3 minutes. Great. So we book it, get there 5 minutes late as they are closing the door. I guess we are lucky they are refeuling trouble and waiting so they let us on (how generous, right! HA HA, I want to punch that lady in the face for her 'kindness'; didn't she KNOW there was a thunderstorm and we were delayed, hello????) ANYWAY, we go on to Dallas. Then the United people start being nice. Everything is closed because it is after midnight and the delay meant we had no food in Denver BUT we got some juice from the lady in Dallas, and 2 cots and a blanket. Kids sleep, we eat dunking donuts at 5:30am and take the 6:40am to San Fran. PLay in San Fran, have yummy lunch, fly 9 hours across the ocean. Guinness cries for 2. I let Gemma watch Date NIght because Guin was being a pain. It was funny because she leans over and informs ME; "Mommy, this is a bad movie, you shouldn't watch this movie. They are being so mean to eachother and saying mean things. " Great, thanks Gemma Mommy! Fortunately she didn't get any of the bad words, she mistook it for some Chinese (ha ha) and we got it turned off before the dancing part. Made it to Japan, 6 hour layover. Gemma and I consult a map and make it our mission to visit all three playlands. We play, we clean up, we play, we get a mlikshake and dries, we play, we meet Kris and Katrina (YAY!) and we go. Thatlast walk to the last airplane; it felt like doom. I could hear the funeral march playing in my head. We all fell asleep during take off, but then Gem was freaking out so I put Guin down to cuddle her. Then he starts freaking out, so I put her down to hold him, which took all my strength because he was SO MAD, he was having such a huge tantrum, for about 30 mintes until he finally passed out in a sweaty heap of hiccups. Gemma could not wake up s I carried both of them off the plane, and through the airport. A lovely United lady name Karen helped us with bags, and forms, and luggage and customs... we get to victors car and go home. More than 48 hours after we first left dad's for the airport. 5 flights.

But it wasn't so bad, the kids and I had fun at the good times and they were pretty good, all things in. I felt bad when I got home and everyone told me how worried they were. I hate making people worry, and my dad said how sick he felt, and everyone kept saying how worried they were. Sorry guys!

Its 4:30 am, I'm going to convince my body it wants to sleep for a few more hours. Sorry for all teh typos, the first draft was much better!

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Hideous. Did I mention I hate United?

Audrey said...

nevada, you're amazing. after all that, you say it wasn't that bad. wowee. glad you're back!

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Hi Nevada! It's Dixie from your flight to Denver. I am glad you survived your heroic journey. You really are amazing to do that on your own with your kids at the ages the are!

I'm sorry for all the chaos in Denver too! My husband and I had big plans to take your kids to a play place or walk around with them so you could sit and rest your brain and your body for a few minutes during the layover. Bit unfortunately that didn't work out. My husband and I ran off the plane without even being able to say bye to you. And in the end the door to our flight was closed, no UA agents anywhere and we watched our flight sit there for almost 10 minutes before taxiing away. We were banging on the door and waving thru the windows at the pilots. We made quite a spectacle I'm sure!

We caught a flight the next day and missed one day in London, but our holiday has been wonderful. We are just waiting to board at Heathrow now. Hopefully everything will go smoothly today.

Take care and it was great to meet you!
Dixie

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Archive