Monday, November 29, 2010

Sometimes when you live in Taiwan...

Well, maybe this happens to you when you are out on the street. Please let me know!

We were walking to school tonight to see Auntie and this old lady came up beside us. She looked that the kids and got all excited; pretty typical so far. Then she told me that her house was nearby and we should come over because she wants to give us something, just wait a minute it won't take long, which way are you going? Oh, thats ok just come over here for a minute. So I obliged, of course, I can't say no to cute old and insistent grandma types. So we veer a bit off course and she jogs off ahead, and goes into her house. (across the lane from our second house in Taipei, actually). We wait and wait, a few minutes have ticked by and I was wondering if maybe I misunderstood her and she comes out with a dress for Gemma. Her kid is too fat she said and so we should take it.

So random, or what?

4 comments:

Kat said...

hahahahaha....maybe random, but AWESOME nonetheless. Definitely blogworthy.

Is the dress cute?

Anonymous said...

Gemma is certainly a people magnet. You are also so patient and trusting.

Kristie said...

I just always say "no". But yeah, that's pretty out there.

Teecy said...

my take:
she knows that a cute white blond girl like Gem is going to end up on a billboard soon and she hopes the dress will be featured so she can brag to all her friends about it.

Archive