Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Benchmarks

So wish I was going to bed right now instead of homework. But I must. We are re-writing the benchmarks for the entire music curriculum... Any teachers or former teachers in the house? A worthwhile task, but lots of work.

I finally went through facebook and un-friended about 60 people. Mostly students, because I am always so annoyed by their abbreviated teen-speak that shows up on my news feed every night at 8pm and triples in quantity on holidays. They are always referring to some inside joke that I don't know and using bad spelling, hyphens and dashes to write cryptic messages. I mean, I like facebook lurking as much as the next person but enough is enough. Also on the cut list: people who I knew of in high school but never actually spoke to then so why on earth would I need to know what you are doing now? And people who frequently put profanity on their status or update it every 10 minutes with song lyrics I don't know and make no sense to me.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I've had to get annoying people out of my fb newsfeed too. agree on the people who i didn't talk to in high school (or wouldn't talk to me). but you don't have to unfrieend them if you don't want to, you can just hide them so they don't show up in your newsfeed.

hope you were able to get some sleep. glad this week is going better for gemma. it's a huge adjustment for her for sure.

Archive