Monday, February 21, 2011

Janet Jackson

Oh. Wow.

I am not a huge live music person, and don't often spend the $$$ to go to concerts but when a friend of mine said she was buying tickets to Janet I called up Chris and he said he wanted to go, too, so we got our friend to get tickets for us and off we went.

You know the expression 'owned it'? Well, Janet owned it. She was completely totally stunningly beautiful. Every pose, every time she looked at the audience, every entrance exuded her confidence and charisma. Even though she is 45 years old, she totally rocked out. Her eyebrows could dance circles around me. You could just tell that she could make any part of her body do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted. I have no idea how people choreograph and memorize those routines, seriously mind blowing. The lady knows how to put on a show. Although, at the time the dancing and gyrating and hip shaking was very exciting and I was impressed with her confidence and sexiness, the next morning I couldn't help but feel a little dirty for all I saw.

Of course we were a million miles away, and there was a sound booth on front of center stage but they had big screens up that was good. Great camera work; we could see her all the time. We could see her really when she came to stage left, but she was smaller than my thumb (the place was that big!!). The lip syncing was also not great in some places; not sure how they cut in and out between her real voice and the recording but to be honest that didn't bother me that much because she was doing so much other stuff, I totally respected her.

It was totally worth it. She truly is an icon, a monument of music history, and I'll be glad to have that experience with me. I saw Janet Jackson. Live!!!

No comments:

Archive