Thursday, March 10, 2011

Moving

Once upon a time we found a great church we loved called the Pearl. The church grew. We moved. Chris became the pastor. We grew. We moved. We grew even bigger! We moved again.

And wow, moving is hard work!!!!!!!!

Our last place was 37 ping. I've looked up what a 'ping' is to try and tell you but I'm not sure it is right. Wikipedia says it is about 3.3 meters squared. My friend says its about the size of a double bed. I always thought it was smaller than that. Anyway, our old church was 37 ping, held about 60 people and had a tiny kids room for Sunday school. Our new place is 80 ping. So a LOT bigger.

We had builders come do the stage and walls for office/kids room/baby room.

We have to
crack fill new walls (tape, putty, and sand)
paint
move everything form old church
move old church chairs back to my school (we borrowed them from there)
get the bathrooms reno'd
clean
install light fixtures
accept deliveries of furniture (87 new chairs form Ikea, kids furniture)
drive around and collect donated stuff (crib, etc)
set up everything (new chairs, tech, stage, lights, toys, office....)

It is Thursday. First service is Sunday.

Gulp.

Pray for Chris and his project manager Victor, as they have bore the brunt of the work this week and last; buying supplies, coordinating everything, making decisions, and WORKING non stop with every free moment.

Pray for me to have patience as I really WANT to be working but of course my job after school is here with my kids. A noble job, of course, but of course part of me wants to be part of the new project (especially the AWESOME mural I have planned for the kids room...so wish I had time to go do it, but will have to let it go to other hands)

We're giving ourselves a few weeks before hosting a grand opening Sunday to get all the pieces together but hopefully we'll have a good foundation for this Sunday.

Peace!

No comments:

Archive