Monday, March 21, 2011

March...


You can tell it is getting close to summer vacation because I am feeling so lazy and unmotivated. I just want to bum around. OUt new sitter for Guinness, whom I will from here on in call 'Saint Crystal' has been so awesome, as she not only takes my son out to play everyday and entertains him with her own son, but also manages to fold my laundry, organize my kids closets and dressers, wash dishes, AND have all the toys picked up before I get home. Seriously, I am so thankful!!

The weather was awesome yesterday and today, which is always good for my mood! Guinness even got a little sunburn yesterday playing up on the roof without a shirt on. And I had a shower tonight and didn't have to have the water as hot as it would go and keep all my limbs inside the spray to avoid frostbite. And my teeth didn't even chatter as I was getting dressed! I even have bare feet right now, amazing.

Something else that has been FUN has been a new project at school; learning the double bass. The orchestra teacher convinced me to get one and we got a great deal on a 3/4 size brand new, hard case and bow included double bass. We will use it in band and orchestra, and man is it great. (We purchased this pre-American idol, too, just so you know ;) I started with the pizzacato, not too bad. Attempted bowing last week and yikes, that was terrible but I practiced about 45 minutes last week and got lots of praise from my teacher today, so pheww! (This is my first string instrument, so bad bowing technique was to be expected). Although it seems I have lost all feeling in the tips of my index fingers I'm having lots of fun with it and pull it out everytime I have 10 free minutes.

You've just got to be a lifelong learner, right?

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Maybe Saint Crystal will accidentally come to my house instead of yours one day. :) Just kidding. Kind of. I'm SO glad you found someone you like.

Audrey said...

Fun! I want to learn some new instruments too, like drums. We need them bad at church. :)

Btw, if I were at Bethany still, I'd give you an LLL sticker!

Archive