Thursday, April 21, 2011

Vacation

So great vacation in Kenting this week. I packed AWESOMELY, if I do say so myself, and had everything I needed with me when I needed it and could find things in the suitcase no problem. Packed too much of course, but you know we tried the 'packing light' thing once and it sucked so now we just go heavy and make sure we have what we want. I couldn't believe it but looking back I don't think the kids had any fits or meltdowns. Guinness had a few whining spells but nothing serious. The driving was smooth and easy, thank you CHRIS!!!. We left at 5:30am Monday and got there at 11:30, with one break and one gas stop, and then today (Wednesday) the kids and I went to the Aquarium from 11-2, then they napped as we drive to Kaohsiung (2 hours), walked around Lotus Lake for a bit, had supper at 7, put jammies on and jumped in the car at 8. Got home at 12:30. Kids slept the whole time, watched an episode of Angelina once we got home and had some water and then went right to bed. The all inclusive hotel thing was great. And our room was the first room in the hall, so we were at the front desk, directly across from the restaurant, beside the stairs to the playroom, and a quick meander to the pool/beach. This place (The Chateau) was very equipped for kids; high chairs and kids dishes, sand toys for the beach, strollers to borrow. Spending the money on the nice hotel was worth it because then the hotel becomes your entertainment. No need to leave :) Just chill.

Gem will stay home from school tomorrow and then Friday I am going to volunteer for the morning. She is so excited I am coming, and I'm excited too!

No comments:

Archive