Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer Vacation is ending :(

We had such a nice vacation.

Guinness has been my little buddy, following me around and hugging me and cuddling and playing and telling jokes. We really had a special summer.

Gemma and I struggled a bit with her constant demand for a level of creativity and energy I can hardly meet, but I caught myself looking at her with such wonder at many times this summer. Her new freckles from hours of sunshine, her long lean legs, beautiful smile, and cool dance moves. If anything I've thinking about our relationship a lot and how to preserve the love and friendship through the inevitable battles.

I know I get wore out, and tired, and complain, but I am so thankful for those long days and weeks with the kids. I start school in a week and a half, Gemma starts Monday (gulp), and then it will be only a few short hours at the end of the day again. I went to work yesterday, started plowing through some stuff. Called Gemma's teacher about what was going on. Texted Guinness' babysitter.

There is excitement for school. It was nice to see the people. I've been doing lots of mental planning and work, thinking about the next year, so hopefully I can pull off some amazing classess and concerts. More importantly, train kids to use their gifts and love music, and be an example of Christian love to them. What am I if I don't have love? And what kind of teacher am I if I don't show love?

Ecclesiastes 3:1
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:



Time for school, time for vacation. Time for work time for rest.

As hard as it is to be a working mom, I know that is what I am called to be doing. It was such a hard decision to sign again, thinking about my babies and spending time with them, but both Chris and I just didn't feel 'released' from our calling at our positions. And you know what? God is faithful! To the people he calls, he rewards! For the things that are difficult and the things that are sacrificed, there are blessings.

Matthew 19:29
And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.


I am holding on the optimism of the new year :) And LOVING every minute of my remaining vacation. (haha, and even making plans for fall break already)

No comments:

Archive