Thursday, August 11, 2011

Minding Frankie



Maeve Binchy is my FAVOURITE author. I always am so in love with the characters because they are such normal, likeable people. Sometimes bad things happen to them and they pick up and make a plan to carry on, and more likeable and special people drop in and out to help along the way.

In this story a live at home son with an alcohol problem and no ambition finds out that he is actually about to become a father, through a one night stand 8 months or so previous. Sadly the pregnant mother is dying, and so she seeks out the father and asks him to raise the baby, whom she wants to be named Frankie. Thus begins the journey of Ned (I think his name was Ned, I forget) to become a dad and the team of people who rally around him.

Completely loveable story. Maeve Binchy novels are always hundreds and hundreds of pages long, but even after I've read 400 pages I am still sad when it is over. They could go on forever!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

My first thought that this was a book for kids, but after actually reading your post, I'm guessing not... ;)

Archive