Saturday, September 24, 2011

Neat Week

This week started pretty... blah. I was feeling really overwhelmed at work, kids slept poorly Monday. Tuesday just sort of disappeared it was so busy. But then all these little rays of sunshine burst through.

I got lost taking Gemma and Guinness to an audition, but because we did get lost we saw Gemma's commercial on a JumboTron screen outside at a large downtown shopping complex. Also, when we found the audition the people were super nice and it took like 5 minutes. Yes!

I was chosen by the 'tea fairy' at work, and got to get a free tea delivered to school :)

FINALLY made it to the teacher store to pick up some posters I wanted. You know how those undone things just weigh on you?

Got to go to the fabric market for work, and I got some fun stuff for a craft project this weekend of my own, too.

Heard that it was the last day for the Ancient Egypt exhibit at CKS Memorial Hall, and decided to try and take the kids. Well, Guinness was late getting home, but OK, no big deal. Got to Gemma's school eventually, but they were just having snack because it was cooking day and I guess the homemade pizza took longer than they thought. OK, still no big deal; the exhibit closes at 6, it's only 4:40. No problem. Bike down to the Hall, park, walk... carrying Guinness because he can not not more than 5 steps in a straight line. And when I go to pay the lady says its 690NT. I was like WHOA! (Thats like 22$; maybe not a lot to you but way more than we spend on entertainment usually, plus charging so much for a toddler? come on!.) So I called Chris and he encouraged me to go, its worth it and I agreed so I start counting my change. Cause I don't even carry that much money in my wallet usually. Well, I had 600. And two baby showers to shop for tomorrow. Big sigh; I resigned myself to leave. Oh, but wait! I put some change in my pocket as I left the house. *Note: The whole time I am trying to count money and talk to the lady and get my phone out and back, Guinness is wandering around, touching stuff and climbing on stuff and walking away. Blood pressure rising!!!! I get the change out of my wallet; 50, then I go back to my change purse and start counting out 10, 20, 1, 2, 3, 4.... Well I made it to 683 :( And that was it. No more secret compartments, fallen coins at the bottom of my bag, nothing. Huge disappointment! But then an angel swooped down; this lady who had been watching me struggle and politely chit chatting in English to me said, no problem... And gave me a ticket!!! I tried to give her all my money and she said, "no no no!! I see your daughter's backpack says LingliangTang (Bread of Life Church); Go, sister! God Bless you!!!" Well, my eyes are welling up as I write this because I was so touched, and it was just like the sprinkles on an already amazing week.

The exhibit was AMAZING! All kinds of real Egyptian treasures and 4 mummies; including one who possibly was the Pharaoh during the Exodus!!!! Totally a once in a life time opportunity.

1 comment:

taiwan xifu said...

how wonderful! loved hearing about your great week! and my eyes also teared up about the woman giving you the ticket! how touching. God rocks!

Archive