Sunday, December 11, 2011

My New and Improved Sunday

I think I have reached the point where I need to change my Sundays, specifically my Sunday night before church routine. Usually I am tired and wore out from the kids, because I spend most of my time with them Saturday and Sunday. Then I leave Sunday school planning until about 3 or 4 o'clock, even though church is at 5:30. I almost always have to make two stops on the way to church, one to the grocery store for a snack and one to the stationary store for craft supplies. Oh. and not to mention feed the kids dinner , change diaper, fix ponytail, find socks, shoes, etc, and then get out the door without forgetting anything. A little to stressful. What would it be like if I planned the lesson ahead of time? Worthy of trying, that's fer sure.

Oh, to be human; how many crazy ridiculous Sundays will it take for me to make a change? Why do we always reach these points before we try and do something? I always loved the Bible verse, 'as a dog returns to its vomit, so a man returns to his folly.' Other follies I've recently returned to: not drinking enough water, snacking at night, skipping breakfast, not dressing nicely for school, lesson planning (ha ha, don't tell!). Now that my busy season is over time to get things on track. Good advent activities, I think, getting things in order.

No comments:

Archive