Sunday, February 19, 2012

A spoonful of sugar..


"In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, annnnnd SNAP! The job's a game!"

Sometimes when I wash dishes, I make a game of it. I like to wash my dishes in layers. First, all the dinner plates. I dig them out from everywhere in the sink and wash those. The big stuff that is taking up space so I can't reach everything: popcorn bowls, cookie sheets, cutting boards, etc. Then the small plates. Then all the little plastic bowls, then cups, mugs, glasses. Lastly silverware. (Because silverware in dishes is like socks in laundry, so little and tedious, and I hate washing the silverware almost as much as I hate folding socks). Yah, a little lame, but it helps the time go by and I like that the job gets broken down into smaller sections...

Any other favourite house work games?

No comments:

Archive