Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We Are Moving: The introduction

Word is on the street now that we are officially moving back to Canada. Some ways we know it is official are: 1) We've booked one-way air place tickets (June 29) 2) I will stop getting paid on June 30 3) We're exploring options to get all our stuff home 4) I'm committed to drinking as much passionfruit green tea as I possible can in the next 6 weeks. I have lots of FEELINGS about this move, obviously. It is a big deal, as I have spent most of my grown up life here in Taiwan. (8 1/2 of the 11 years; I count being a grown up as when I got married 'cause that's when I moved out of my parents house). My kids were born here. I've worked 7 years at my current job. And so I am once again hoping to blog and share about these crazy and wild days about to come. So, in summary of where we've been till now: December 2010: we resign a 2 year contract with my school. This was done with much debate and discussion; we knew our time in Taiwan was getting close to an end but weren't sure of the next step, so we re-signed. March 2012: Chris gets this opportunity in Canada to study and church plant. Awesome opportunity, great organization, but the timing is way off. I still have one more year of contact, etc. We tell our closest buds in Taiwan, and test the idea out on a few people in Canada. We have no idea what to do!!! First week of April 2012; Still NO IDEA what to do. What I remember about this first week of April is having such big knots in my stomach I could hardly eat. My world could be turning upside down, couldn't talk to anyone about it... AHHH! Pressure mounting! April 4th; I talk to my superintendent about what's going on. He says, "We'll miss you, but we get it." His deal is if they could find someone to take my place on such short notice, I could be released. If not, then not; they'd need me to be here to teach next year :) The next week: They found someone to take my place. Wow. I give the official go ahead, new guy signs the contract, and all of a sudden its official. Principal, Superintendent and I agree to keep it quiet for a week, till the concerts are over and we can tell our church. April 29: We tell our church. Lots of sadness. May 1: I tell my staff. Lots of surprised people. May 3; secondary concert at school. May 4; start telling students And so here we are. With more to follow, I hope.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Wow. Big stuff….we are really going to miss you. Even though I never get to see you anymore now that we have moved. (As though we moved far away, ha!) What organization will Chris be with?

Archive