Sunday, April 30, 2006

Band Trip...

Did you ever have the privelage of a band trip? I was a full on band geek in High School, and band trips were some of my best memories. Yesterday we took our kids to the K-12 Morrison Campus in Taichung, where we met the other middle schoolers from Morrison Kaohsiung, and the three three schools combined their ensembles for a concert. There was an orchestra, a choir, a 17 piece flute choir and an 80 piece concert band. Which was so awesome. Everyone sounded great and we filled the auditorium with people. I conducted the concert band for one piece and it went very well. The other highlight was the one of the Orchestra's pieces called Rosin Eating Zombies from Outer Space... With a title like that it's hard to take it seriously but it was so fun! There were parts where they would all scratch the strings of their instruments, making these horrific screeching noises, and then out of nowhere someone on the group would scream, the total high pitched horror movie scream. The they would keep playing, and then they all screamed...It was really funny.

Today is Sunday and I had bacon and pineapple pancakes from breakfast, Chester is still sleeping, but don't worry, I saved him some! I am going to grade some stuff, and put together my quilt from Sheri hopefully. I got the batting so I am pumped to get it started.

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes! I totally feel them pumping me up each day. My theme song for the rest of the year is "Give me oil in my lamp, keep me burning burning burning..." Remember that one? The last month is going to be great.

No comments:

Archive